Legal Update Week 11 – 12 (9 – 22 March 2020)
- 9 March 2020:
- Acquisition between CP and Tesco Lotus requires approval from the Office of Trade Competition Commission (“OTCC”), as it tends to create dominant position over the market. The OTCC will determine within 90 days from the requested date for acquisition.
- 10 March 2020:
- The Ministry of Digital Economy and Society ordered the National Science and Technology Development Agency to develop an application to monitor foreigners and Thai people arriving Thailand, starting from 12 March 2020.
- 11 March 2020:
- The Ministry of Labour added Thai massage in to the list of 40 occupations reserved for Thai citizens. The punishment in case of violation remains the same as follows:
- 20 March 2020:
- The Social Security Committee approved supportive measures to help employers and employees during COVID-19 pandemic by increasing benefits in case of unemployment due to force majeure. For an insured person who does not work or is not allowed to work, the Social Security will pay half of the salary for not exceeding 180 days. In the event that the government orders employers to stop operation of businesses, the Social Security will pay half of the salary for not exceeding 60 days. The salary base for calculation is up to THB 15,000.
- The Department of Trade Negotiations prepared to use virtual conference after COVID-19 affects several international trade conferences, including WTO, ASEAN, APEC, ASEP.
10 March 2020:
Approved Principle: Draft Royal Decree issued under the Revenue Code re: tax reduction (No. ..) B.E. …. (tax measures to support donations to fight COVID-19)
- An individual or juristic person who donates to the Office of the Permanent Secretary to support the mission to prevent COVID-19 can use such amount as a tax deduction.
- Exempt VAT for donation to support the mission to prevent COVID-19.
- Donate via e-Donation between 5 March 2020 – 5 March 2021.
17 March 2020:
Acknowledged: Measures to help people affected by the COVID-19 pandemic
- Reduce water and electricity bills by 3% from April to June 2020;
- Extend the payment period for water/electricity bills in certain businesses (e.g. hotel and accommodation rental business) without interest for the bills in April and May 2020 (installments up to 6 months).
- Return deposits for installation of electricity/water meters;
Möchten Sie, dass wir Ihnen den Newsletter als PDF zusenden?
Dann füllen Sie bite. die Felder aus, und wir werden Ihn innerhalb von 24 h den Newsleter>/B. bzw. Broschüre zumailen. Vielen Dank!
If you like. us to send. you the newsletter, please fill in the fields below and we will mail. you the newsleter/broshure in 24 h. Thank You!