Legal Update Week 31 – 32 (30 July – 12 August 2019)
Thailand legal news
31 July 2019:
– The Office of the Judicial Commission unanimously agreed to appoint Mr. Slaikate Wattanapan as the 45th Vice-President of the Supreme Court,
effective from 1 October 2019 onwards.
– The Department of Skill Development (“DSD”) approved the 1-year extension of interest-free loans scheme to the employers (business
operators) for the employees’ training and/or the national skill standards test to be available until August 2020, maximum amount of THB 1 million.
This scheme is a policy of the DSD to support the employers to develop their own employees and enhance capability of the nation to compete with
other countries as per the 20-Year National Strategy.
• 2 August 2019:
– Due to the daily report of the police regarding the recent occurred case, the police warned employees not to counterfeit or amend any message in the
medical certificate, otherwise they will be subject to criminal charges for forgery and/or using forged document1 or official document2 . Additionally,
1. In case such medical certificate is issued from private hospital, counterfeiting and/or using such document will be
punished with not more than 3 years imprisonment, or not more than THB 60,000 fines, or both (Section 264 of the
2. In case such medical certificate is issued from public/government hospital, counterfeiting and/or using such
document will be punished with 6 months to 5 years imprisonment, or THB 10,000 – 100,000 fines, or both (Section
265 of the Penal Code).
New Cabinet resolutions
—-No interesting cabinet resolution—-
Royal Gazette Update:
Möchten Sie, dass wir Ihnen den Newsletter als PDF zusenden?
Dann füllen Sie bite. die Felder aus, und wir werden Ihn innerhalb von 24 h den Newsleter>/B. bzw. Broschüre zumailen. Vielen Dank!
If you like. us to send. you the newsletter, please fill in the fields below and we will mail. you the newsleter/broshure in 24 h. Thank You!