Legal Update Week 39-40
Legal Update Week 39-40 (24 September – 7 October 2018)
- 24 September 2018:
- ‘Sibutramine’ (generally be used in diet pills) was specified as psychoactive drugs type 1 and had been removed from drugs registration. The punishment for import, export, and sale of this substance will be increased (imprisonment 4-20 years/ fine THB 0.4-2 million).
- 25 September 2018:
- Thailand’s National Broadcasting and Telecommunications Commission (NBTC) has set 20 October as the date for the 2nd auction for spectrum in the 900MHz band, which comes with updated conditions aiming to attract prospective bidders.
- 26 September 2018:
- According to the Bank of Thailand, limitation for online transfer will be expanded from THB 50,000 to THB 699,999 per transaction, starting on the beginning of October 2018.
- M. Prayuth Chan-ocha replaced Pattaya mayor by article 44 (from Maj. Gen. Anan Charoenchasri to Sontaya Khunpluem).
- 27 September 2018:
- Announcement of Bangkok Metropolis: vehicle parking fees will be collected in 66 Bangkok roads at the rate as follows
- The NLA announced its achievement of passing 315 bills over 4 years (306 were announced on Royal Gazette and 9 will be announced soon).
- 4 October 2018:
- Court fees, fines, and other fees can be paid by credit card, debit card, and QR Code at the Criminal Court.
- The NLA considered 12 draft acts on local administrative law, including Bangkok Metropolitan/ Pattaya Administration Act, and claimed to be done within 60 days.
New Cabinet resolutions
2 October 2018:
- Approved Draft: Draft Act Amending Criminal Procedure Code (No. ..) B.E. …. regarding provisional release (due to inadequate confinement area).
- The main change is increasing the ceiling of the charges which require for provisional release, from exceeding 5 years to exceeding 10 years.
- For the charges with maximum imprisonment of 5-9 years, an accused shall report to the court as appointed, but bail is not required.
- Approved Draft: Draft Act on Digital Government B.E. …. To use electronic communications devices, computers and the Internet to provide public services or information to citizens.
- Approved Draft: Draft Act amending the Revenue Code (No. ..) B.E. …. and Draft Royal Decree in accordance with the Revenue Code regarding revenue tax exemption (No. ..) B.E. …. (commerce and economic office established in Thailand).
- 0% VAT for supply of goods and services to the United Nations and its agencies as well as embassies, consulate-general, consulates, and other international organizations.
- Exempt revenue taxes for commerce and economic office established in Thailand and its officers.
Möchten Sie, dass wir Ihnen den Newsletter als PDF zusenden?
Dann füllen Sie bite. die Felder aus, und wir werden Ihn innerhalb von 24 h den Newsleter>/B. bzw. Broschüre zumailen. Vielen Dank!
If you like. us to send. you the newsletter, please fill in the fields below and we will mail. you the newsleter/broshure in 24 h. Thank You!